Welcome to the first workshop of the weekend ‘Exploring Self’.
I appreciate that we all write at different speeds and as we are only together virtually, you will work through these activities at your own pace. I think it is a good idea to restrain from scrolling down and revealing the next activity. Try to write in the moment.
Please share any feedback in the comments below – what worked well for you, what didn’t, how we could improve as well as sharing your workshop snippets with us.
If you create a piece of writing from this at some other point in the future, let us know.
I hope you find it valuable… are you ready? Let’s take a look.
To begin I will get you to think about… feel free to just mull over the questions or to mind-map, note take, whatever works for you. Go as wide or shallow as you want with the question prompts. There is WRITE but no wrong.
- Start by thinking of your identity. WHO ARE YOU?
- What characteristics make up your personality?
- Think about what kind of person you are… what sort of person would you like to be?
- Where are you from?
- What do you do in your life?
- What are your dreams?
- What makes your world turn, what is important to you?
PUT THESE NOTES TO ONE SIDE.
MAKING A LIST
Take a deep breath and promise yourself you will be honest.
- Write your life list of accomplishments and failures.
- How do these fit in with the larger picture of your life? The consequences/ domino effect.
- Re-read your list considering how every item makes you feel. Highlight the events listed that trigger the strongest reaction.
A link to a post from 2013 – which gave me the original inspiration for this workshop.
Feel free to share any of your writing with us or leave comments about the workshop.
Click LIKE so we see each other
- Post comments – on the workshop, something you gained from it.
- Post your writing in the comments below.
- Or post a link to where we can find your writing if you want to share it. Either to your blog or on the Facebook Group page.