Mouth & Music
My most local venue for a night of spoken word and music, always fun and entertaining, has come to a temporary close.
On the 12th January we all went to the BHG to celebrate 4 years of Mouth & Music with hosts Heather Wastie and Sarah Tamar, it was also a goodbye to the current landlords. Mouth & Music itself is taking a six month break and then Sarah Tamar is hoping to start up again.
Heather Wastie (Worcestershire’s Poet Laureate) hosted the evening which was headlined by Humdrum Express (Ian Passey) and Sarah Tamar.
It was a lively evening of music and poetry celebrating the Boars Head and Mouth & Music.
Here are some photos taken by Peter Williams
Nina Lewis & an absent Tim Scarborough
Bert Flitcroft – Current Staffordshire Poet Laureate
Headliners ~ Ian Passey &
© Peter Williams 2016
As a tribute to the years of Mouth & Music (my first visit came at the end of 2014) I have gathered together my favourite bits. From Collaboration to Clog Dancing – thank you for the poetry, song & music!
- Dressing up as Aladdin for the Pantomime themed night and my first Mouth & Music.
Humdrum Express headlined alongside Tim Cranmore (who was then Worcestershire’s Poet Laureate 2013)
Read all about it here MM 23
Sarah Tamar as Mrs Claus Christmas Laureates Present and Future
- Mouth & Music March 2014 in which I discovered the wonderfully talented Adrian Mealing, Headlining as half of The Very Grimm Brothers.
Mouth & Music: Current Affairs
- In April my first collaboration was born thanks to the Dualogue theme, Tim Scarborough and I worked together to enhance my poem Rainwatch – using a mood drum and wrote Social SatNav together. A turning point for me. A collaboration I would love to explore again sometime.
Mouth & Music – What a Great Night!
We collaborated on new material in May for a Gallery exhibit by Najma Hush, at this point we were potentially taking bookings.
- MUSICAL COLLABORATION M&M (May 2014)
The amazing ‘Body Hair’ themed Mouth and Music and the Moustache poem was born, alongside a Hairy Toe poem.
Tim & I took the act on the road as far as Birmingham.
After this Tim and I don’t perform together until 2015 and although we are both open to collaboration, haven’t managed anything since. One day…
- Captivating Clog Dancing accompanying Sirkel.
This was around the time I got my first feature slot in Birmingham and was working on a commission for Birmingham Literature Festival 2014.
- October 2014 and Saffron Toms came and shot amazing photos. This was also the month my Birmingham Poets came to support Jasmine and I saw my two geographical poetry worlds combine.
- January Spark Off saw me captain a team and perform with Tim again. Which was all superb despite no rehearsals and was great fun even after I lost a laureate from my team (two, is too many) and generally lost to the other side, having not bribed the MC/Judge (who will remain nameless, ahem! Mr Passey) with pints of virtual alcohol.
- Mouth & Music KAF Special – Slightly Circus August 2015 – a definite highlight!
Maggie Doyle, Nina Lewis, Heather Wastie & Dave Reeves
A Great Night at Mouth & Music – 5th Event of the Month
Mouth and Music – 3rd Event of the Month
Mouth & Music Tuesday 10th: New Material – Great Night!