I love August – I think I told you last year, bound to love my birth month, the time when every LEO feels their inner Leo and connects to the warmth of the sun.
I have never been one for the Horoscopes, although birth maps and star maps always seem to correlate closely to the human in question and as we were all made from stars, the path cannot be that far off.
August IS summer (despite the UK weather), it is FREEDOM (why I chose a career path with every summer off), it is SPIRIT, time to connect and reconnect…
I have become (temporarily I hope) one of those people who doesn’t socialise as much as I used to (denying it is an age thing right now)! My birthday will be time to reconnect with all those friends I hold in my heart and don’t often see.
Before that, August whirled in with a full diary and bountiful booty in the form of poetry to enrich my life!
- I have: booked tickets for events in August and September.
- finished work on a project which is now out there, cast in the submissions net.
- been asked to read at a book launch
- asked to do a set at a gig in a Nature Centre – which sadly I am double booked for
- I have planned my trip to London
- to read at THE POETRY CAFE!
- I have just come home from the first poetry event of the month for me at P Café, Stirchley Speaks.
- I have a workshop booked with Claire Walker when I get back from London
- then later the same day I am headlining at Howl along with Carl Sealeaf and Sophie Sparham
- I have tickets to see Liz Berry perform – finally!
- A stanza meeting.
- A reading at a Book Launch for Paper Swans in Oxford.
- Poetry Launch for Margaret Thatcher’s Museum by Antony Owen.
- Word Up with Not a Silent Poet
- Poetry Walk with Roy Macfarlane at Croome Court
- other possible open mic/ KAF festival events
- workshop with Angela France in Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Drummonds 42 – an altered states theme ^ which after all this writing activity I may well be in!
- To celebrate the end of the month I am going to the Poetry Picnic organised by Apples and Snakes.
September is already bustling in the diary stakes, with workshops, performances and book launches, not to mention (oh, go on then) my new role as Lead Writer for the Writing West Midlands Senior Writing Group, in addition I am booked for training on a new venture and to improve my media savvy skills (ready for next year’s Pangaea Slam – which I intend to complete), I have tickets for a friend’s post Edinburgh show and a wedding (not mine – yet)!
October is already brimming with Poetry Festivals and we will celebrate National Poetry Day, more book launches, performances, writing jobs and workshops are already lined up in the diary.
I look forward to this new season of events and will rest at Christmas!
I am currently working on two large writing projects which I hope will come to fruition and I look forward to telling you more about them in the Spring. In the meantime, they have resulted in an idea for an article on Motivation and several practitioners I hope to contact and blog about – inspirational people that I consider myself blessed to know.
Keep Writing x