© 2014 Hark
I recently sent some poems to Hark Magazine, last night I discovered the email (on my phone – where there is offline access to my busy inbox) from Hark, I thought it was a speedy response and so had prepared myself for another rejection. Not only have they accepted my poem CLENCH for the July issue, they said there was fierce competition.
I am delighted and still dancing for joy!
YES! YES! YES!
* 24 poems have been on display/used in Installation: DAN Arts Network Droitwich Library, MAC What’s the Agenda? Hayley Frances’s piece Hikkomori, Birmingham, Wenlock Poetry Trail/ Festival, Croft, Shropshire and on the Poetry Fence, Jean Atkin at Acton Scott Farm, Shropshire.
- Persistence pays, just keep going.
- Be aware that some magazines have different editors each issue, even if they don’t – DO NOT be afraid to submit again.
- Be sure to read the magazine first and ask yourself how suitable your writing/style/subjects are for this press.
- Support the magazine by subscribing to it.
- If you are rejected be sure to read the next issue, look at what was chosen with a critical eye and compare it to the m/s you sent.
- Never forget how good it feels to get accepted and printed!