I have just looked at my calendar and freaked out a bit!
The next few weeks are extremely busy with going back to work after the Easter break and performing!
I have also got to try and fit some writing in, particularly deadline pieces and poems for NaPoWriMo and 52, as well as the 10,000 words target I have been working towards in rough draft short stories and flashes for Camp NaNoWriMo – which sadly this year, I have barely been in the cabin, on the website or present online or in any reality writing meets at all.
Tonight I am performing at Word Up, tomorrow we have a BIG family meal to celebrate my Uncle’s Wedding which took place in London a fortnight ago.
- Sunday I am hoping to make it to the Much Wenlock Poetry Festival.
- Monday there is a TV script workshop I have been invited to attend – although physically getting a ticket is proving to be a mission!
Tuesday I am back to work. Then I am performing at the following events;
- Saints and Sinners is Wednesday, run by Pigeon Park Press.
- Thursday I have Poetry For Lunch – the stanza group are taking over.
- Friday I have a Stanza meeting.
- Sunday I have my FIRST EVER Poetry Slam!
- Monday (fortunately a Bank Holiday) I have Najma Hush’s *PhotoGiraffe final exhibition event, Abstract Elements
- Wednesday Confab Cabaret
- Thursday SpeakEasy
- Saturday – Writing West Midlands Assistant Writer Role
Then I am performing Tuesday, possibly Thursday and definitely Friday of the following week!
WHOAHOO! That’s some schedule with work as well!
Where’s the poetry slam?
Sorry Carys, just found this comment. It is a little local one and will not be anything like the slams you probably go to – there are just 12 poets and the places have been booked up for a while. I was invited to take part, it is the first time, I am not really a slam poet – this one is a perform from page if need to event in Kidderminster, designed I think for 1st timers.
Well it wasn’t first timers with three laureates and some published poets too – but still, we got books. Hope you had fun!