I have broken up from work for the Easter break and am looking forward to 18 glorious days in my writing skin.
There is already a lot of news to share.
Firstly, Mouth & Music which was a fabulous night that I am still on a high from, sent exciting news today.
Slap Magazine (supporting local arts and performers) want to publish the photo Mary Davis took of Tim and I performing and much as it makes me want to get an instant body wrap, attach myself to a zumba DVD and pray for instant weight loss, I am still stoked with this news.
Secondly, I attended my first meeting tonight as an Assistant Writer for WWM Writing West Midlands. It was a buzzing atmosphere and great to be in a room with so many writers, many of whom I have already met; William Gallagher, Stephen, Roz Goddard, Hayley Frances, Ian MacLeod, Brenda-Read Brown, & Garrie Fletcher.
My writing diary is packed and my ideas file grew this evening.
1) Write the 14 lost missing NaPoWriMo poems (file issues last Sunday)
2) Write the new 52 prompt poems and catch up on a few gaps I have
3) Write a poem for our WWM Creative Writing group tomorrow – requested by Ian MacLeod
4) email Jonathan/ Hayley/
5) Catch up with Camp NaNoWriMo – some major words lost already (non- existent) It is ironic that this year (my 3rd camp) I FINALLY get an active cabin and I am not there to see it.
6) Write Strong Women poems and as a result decide whether to do Najma Hush’s exhibition opening. I really want to go to this event but am due in a city more than 45 miles away at lunchtime. I would love to be able to stay until 1:30 when it finishes. I am in two minds, I have mentally checked all possible solutions. Train, buses etc, need to check them properly tomorrow (later on today) but if I do go I will only have an hour there before I have to whizz back for my meeting.
I have a whole selection box of Spoken Word events over the next week too;
This evening – Poetry and Place – Ledbury Poetry Festival, to see
It is the first of three events which see Ledbury Poetry Festival linking up with Worcester Literature Festival (WLF) with performance events at The Hive. I am involved in performing at Poetry and Pollination in May, organised by Ruth Stacey and headlined by Ruth and Sarah Leavesley (who have both performed at Ledbury in the past) – very much looking forward to this event. Tonight will also give me a chance to catch up with some poetry friends.
I have submissions to work on, including poems, on Thursday I have Poetry for Lunch (booked for the next 3), followed by the special ticket holders Hit the Ode and then on Friday I will be performing at The Ort – the first ‘Friday night’ one. On Saturday I hope to attend a camp Nano meet / write in, followed by a writing group run by Apples & Snakes, Poet’s Place. They started the most recent group meetings in January and I have been unable to attend any yet.