I produced 3 poems on the theme of Rainfall, knowing I could only submit one to the competition, I then chose my favourite and edited it, culled it, rewrote it, added to it and eventually produced something I was proud of which I then realised only borderline met the brief – hoping it is close enough (too late now, literally the deadline was the 14th) I had planned to submit it last night but suffered some registration issues.
At lunch time I checked the email I sent requesting help, no response. After work I called and was given all the help I needed.
It always feels good to send the first piece of the year (and I see from checking The Write Year I am sending work out earlier than I managed in January 2013! Yippee.)